Commercial lawsuit loan is the non-recourse cash advance offered to plaintiff businesses involved in business lawsuits. The pre-settlement financing is provided to lower the monetary problems of the contending plaintiff companies. Commercial litigations are on a continual surge as well as the financial responsibilities that it could introduce upon the contending company might be enormous.
How Commercial Litigation Funding Helps the Plaintiff Companies:
Commercial lawsuit funding facilitates a large amount of non-recourse cash advance to those who are in dire need of cash while waiting for their business litigation to settle. Using this facility and by leveraging the unique financial strength of commercial litigation funding, plaintiff company increases its prospects for a favourable outcome. An advance on pending settlement also allows attorney the time needed to get the full value for the case and the time period to negotiate a better settlement deal.
For Commercial Litigation Financing Following Features:
1. Non-Recourse: It is non-recourse. It is paid back only if the plaintiff wins the case at trial or reaches an out-of-court settlement with the defendant. If plaintiff is unsuccessful in getting the claim, the borrowed amount is never paid back.
2. No Monthly Payments: Once plaintiffs are approved and funded, they pay back directly from the proceeds of their successful settlement.
3. No Personal Guarantee: Unlike conventional loans that almost always require the personal guarantee of the business owners, commercial lawsuit funding is a non-recourse investment, secured by the prospective proceeds of pending claim and not the cash-flow of their business or their personal assets.
4. Off-Balance Sheet: Financing provided by is off-balance sheet and non-recourse. It allows businesses to prevent and protect from litigation risks. In addition, financing may be used to supplement working capital and to remove liabilities from balance sheet of the business.
5. Unrestricted and Unlimited Use: Cash obtained from commercial litigation financing can be used to pay down debt and invest to maintain or help in business expansion. Company can use the cash advance for fixed and variable costs such as payroll and operating expenses. Funds can also be used to invest in the expansion of their business, which maintains the confidence of creditors, investors, and employees.
Business lawsuits are, in general, one of the long and expensive legal processes that take out several years together for a settlement to occur. Many people find arranging for funds quite difficult when a particular lawsuit is going on in the court of law.
A commercial lawsuit funding offers a financial support to plaintiffs when they need it most. Their attorney provides the legal help and the financial support provided by commercial lawsuit funding can create a win - win situation for the client. In this win-win scenario, financial help provided by lawsuit funding will allow the plaintiff business to take care of pressing financial needs and wait for a just and equitable settlement. In the final analysis, they net more from a settlement than would have been possible without the commercial lawsuit funding.
Introduction of the commercial litigation financing service has come in for greater appreciation from all corners of business world. Commercial lawsuit funding helps to fulfil the monetary obligation that a business gets to meet when facing a commercial lawsuit and it is a solution in the form of legal financing facility. Best part is that being non-recourse it is risk-free and one can pay back upon settlement completion or after winning over the trial.
What Types of Cases Qualify for Commercial Litigation Financing?
There are variety of cases that can qualify for commercial lawsuit loan, these include, but are not limited to: Contract Disputes, Trademark and Copyright Infringement, Fraud, Industrial Products Liability, Construction Disputes, Intellectual Property, Shareholder Sui